Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
Information you provide to us: We collect information you provide to us which includes: your name, email address, address or postal code, payment method(s), and telephone number. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using the Service, interact with our customer service, or interact with the Service.
Information we collect automatically: We collect information about you and your use of the Service, as well as information regarding your computer or other devices you use to access the Service. This information includes:
- your activity on the Service, such as title selections, shows you have watched, and search queries;
- your interactions with our emails;
- details of your interactions with our customer service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number and call recordings;
- device IDs or other unique identifiers, including for devices that are on your Wi-Fi network;
- resettable device identifiers (also known as advertising identifiers), such as those on mobile devices, tablets, and streaming media devices that include such identifiers;
- device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referring source (for example, referral URLs), IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information; and
- payment service providers who provide us with payment information, or updates to that information, based on their relationship with you;
- online and offline data providers; and
- publicly-available sources such as publicly available posts on social media platforms and information available through public databases associating IP addresses with internet service providers (ISPs).
Use of Information
We use information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize the Service and marketing efforts, to manage referrals, to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use such information to:
- determine your general geographic location and your ISP to support network troubleshooting for you (we also use aggregated ISP information for operational and business purposes) and help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests;
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and to enforce our terms;
- analyze and understand our audience and improve the Service; and
- communicate with you concerning the Service so that we can send you information about new features and content available on the Service, special offers, promotional announcements, surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests. These communications may be by various methods, such as email, push notifications, text message, and online messaging channels.
Consent to Data Transfer
Any data you provide to us or that is collected by us through the Service will be transferred outside of the European Economic Area to a country which does not adequately protect your data. The possible risks of transferring your data outside of the EEA include financial loss, identity theft, and being unable to exercise the rights you would usually have under data protection laws against the organizations or individuals who receive and have access to your data in those jurisdictions. By using the Service, you consent to such transfer of your data.
Disclosure of Information
We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- Service Providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors ("Service Providers") to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of the Service. For example, we engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to personalize and optimize the Service, to process credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to collect debts, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users' interactions with the Service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services (which includes maintaining and improving their services).
Your Personal Information and Rights
You may have rights to have access to your personal information and to ask us to rectify, erase, and restrict use of your personal information. You may also have rights to object to processing of your personal information, to ask for the transfer of your personal information, and to withdraw consent to the use of your personal information. We will honor your rights under applicable data protection laws. Further information on how to exercise your rights is set out below.
If you are located in the European Union, you have the following rights under European laws, and may have similar rights under the laws of other countries:
- Right of subject access: The right to make a written request for details of your personal information that we hold and a copy of that information;
- Right to rectification: The right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed;
- Right to erasure ('right to be forgotten'): The right to have certain data about you erased;
- Right to restriction of processing: The right to request that your personal information be used only for restricted purposes;
- Right to opt out of marketing: The right to opt out of our marketing materials by clicking “unsubscribe” links found in the communications you receive from us or by changing your account information;
- Right to object: The right to object to processing of your personal information in cases where our processing is based on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or we have let you know the processing is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests;
- Right to data portability: The right to ask for your personal information to be transferred to you or a third party in machine-readable format;
- Right to notice of automated decision-making: The right to be informed of the existence of any automated decision-making, including profiling, that involves your personal information and, in some cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, and the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject; and
- Right to withdraw consent: The right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us to handle your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your data prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
These rights are not absolute and they do not always apply in all cases.
In order to exercise your rights please contact us at email@example.com. In response to a request, we will ask you to verify your identity if we need to, and to provide information that helps us to understand your request better. If we do not comply with your request, whether in whole or in part, we will explain why. In addition to contacting us, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Other Websites, Platforms and Applications
You must be 18 years of age or older to subscribe to the Service. In certain jurisdictions, the age of majority may be older than 18, in which case, you must satisfy that age in order to become a member. While individuals under the age of 18 may utilize the service, they may do so only with the involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent or legal guardian.
Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. We use other technologies such as browser storage and plugins (e.g., HTML5, IndexedDB, and WebSQL). Like cookies, these other technologies may store small amounts of data on your device. Web beacons (also known as clear gifs or pixel tags) often work in conjunction with cookies. In many cases, declining cookies will impair the effectiveness of web beacons associated with those cookies.
If you use the Service on a mobile device, tablet, or streaming media device, we may collect a resettable device identifier from your device. Resettable device identifiers (also known as advertising identifiers) are similar to cookies and are found on many mobile devices and tablets (for example, the "Identifier for Advertisers" (or IDFA) on Apple iOS devices and the "Google Advertising ID" on Android devices), and certain streaming media devices. Like cookies, resettable device identifiers are used to make online advertising more relevant and for analytics and optimization purposes.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are not essential, but help us to personalize and enhance your online experience with the Service. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided (for example, during member sign up). We also use these cookies to collect information (such as popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information) about our visitors' use of the Service so that we can enhance and personalize our website and the Service and conduct market research. Deletion of these types of cookies may result in limited functionality of the Service.
At this time, we do not respond to web browser "do not track" signals. There are a number of ways to exercise choice regarding technologies that are similar to cookies, such as browser storage and plugins (e.g., HTML5, IndexedDB, and WebSQL). For example, many popular browsers provide the ability to clear browser storage, commonly in the settings or preferences area; see your browser's help function or support area to learn more. Other technologies, such as Silverlight storage, may be cleared from within the application.